The other day I overheard you say to Roy, "I need to lose some weight." You talked about how you wanted to start an exercise program to get in better shape and lose some weight along the way. I think I can help you with a weight challenge program that requires only a small change of lifestyle; one that you can successfully maintain. This weight challenge program always works best if you can recruit two friends to join you. It's not mandatory, but it makes for a great support group! As with all things worth doing, the first is the hardest. Step one to my weight challenge program is for you to become committed to the program. The second step is to set a weight loss goal, and the date you'd like to reach your goal.The Inscribable Wristband is a great tool to use; it enables you to write in your goal, your starting weight, the amount of weight you want to lose and the amount of time you have given yourself to lose the weight.
The Inscribable Wristband can also be used to help keep track of the weight you are losing, and by wearing it every day, it will act as a great reminder of your weight challenge goal.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day - ideally, 64 fluid ounces, or more if you find yourself with hunger cravings you can't overcome. If you're like me and hate drinking just water, you can mix one part orange juice with seven parts water. This will also allow you to better control your blood glucose.
- You will need to learn how to eat your meals as slow as possible - try to make each meal last 20 minutes. It takes your brain that long to realize you're full.
- Try and eat just two meals a day while you are working on losing weight. Once you have lost the weight, you can go back to a normal routine of three meals a day. Always remember that eating meals in smaller portions is a must to weight loss.
- In the beginning of any weight challenge diet, do not eat ANY sugar for three weeks to help reduce your sugar cravings. Once you pass the 21 days you can begin to enjoy some of your favorite desserts in moderation. Check the sugar content of everything; I was amazed to learn that 4 grams of sugar is equivalent to 1 teaspoon of sugar!
- A weight loss program is not possible without a consistent exercise program - an everyday exercise program is key. If you are a beginner, start by walking for ½ an hour at least three times a week and gradually build up to a ½ an hour 5 days a week; ultimately to walking an hour 5 days a week.
"Life is a road of stairs and elevators
I took the road less traveled.
And that has made all the difference".